1. How does personal identity effect how we make art? Is it a direct correlation to how we want to be viewed by society?
2. Is the identity of an artist changing due to globalization and multiculturalism? Do this reflect Bourriaud's Altermodern theory?
3. Can an artist successfully represent an identity from another culture?
4. What are the characteristics of "essentialists" and "deconstructionists"?
5. Are stereotypes and self awareness apart of how identity shapes artists and the viewer?
Seven in Bed, 2001 Fabric, stainless steel, glass and wood.
Courtesy Cheim and Read, Galerie Karsten Greve and Galerie Hauser & Wirth