Monday, April 19, 2010

Art & Representation Reflection

Reflecting back on the Art & Representation presentation Gina and I gave last week, I would like to discuss a few key points. First, overall I think it was successful from beginning to end. We presented the information and reflected on the connection of the articles to the theory of representation. Second, creating the art project focused on nostalgia of hero, home, and play was successful. I was hoping that the class would create meaningful art pieces that reflect their own ideas of representation. I believe the artwork overall was lacking the integrity of graduate level art making however we had a little time. Third, because of the subject matter of representation in the contemporary art world I think the description of representation is very open to interpretation. I think Gina & I should have been clearer on that fact for the achievement of the discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment